5 Indicators That It's Time to Change Sofas!
Posted 17/06/2016 by BrightHouse Social Team
It's easy to understand why so many of us may find it hard to let go of our much loved sofas, given that they have provided endless hours of relaxation time, either alone or with family and pets.
However, if you're experiencing any of the following problems with your current sofa, it could certainly be time for a much needed change!
1) Rips and tears - It's natural that as a sofa ages, the seat padding will eventually start to wear thin in places. This means that the more usage a sofa sees, the more it becomes vulnerable to tearing. If your suite has torn in places and doesn't look as sweet as it once did, it could be time to change!
2) You've redecorated your home - Often the sofa is one of the first things that you could replace if you're thinking about refreshing the overall look and feel of your home as it serves as a great focal point for a living room. But if you have recently painted the walls with a new, vibrant colour in a bid to refresh your living space, it would make sense to change your old sofa for one that would reflect your current style and set-up.
3) Stains and spills - Cosmetic damage to sofas as a result of accidents is unavoidable. Nothing can really restore the impact that a new sofa can give, visually and physically, especially if that sofa has experienced years of unintentional spills from food or drink. After all, there's only so many times you can try to treat and scrub stains clean before the damage eventually shows through. If you've flipped cushions one too many times and there's no longer a stain free patch in sight, it's time for a change!
4) Loss of comfort - sinking into sumptuous comfort is one thing but when you're being swallowed by your seat due to a lack of much needed support as a result of padding deterioration, this is a tell tale sign your sofa need switching! Your back will also thank you for it in the long run!
5) Old and out of date - The time may have come where the sofa you once inherited from a family member or friend when you first moved in to your home no longer reflects your personal style and taste. Whatever the case may be, despite serving you and your guests well through out the years, you may now be debating that it could be time for out with the old and in with the new. Although an old sofas faded colour and frayed edges tell a story, if the thought of transforming your home with a fresh new look has crossed your mind on a number of occasions, it's worth considering shopping for a new sofa!
If you’re interested in replacing your current sofa or are in the process of redecorating, we can also arrange delivery within 7 days providing the sofa you want is in stock! To see why so many are choosing to buy sofas with BrightHouse you can also check these 5 key reasons to buy your sofa with BrightHouse.
From corner sofas, to recliners we have many styles available so check out the full selection over on our website now! Alternatively, pop by your local BrightHouse store and let us help you find the sofa of your dreams.