- Bed Buying Guide
- Tumble Dryer Buying Guide
- Bedroom Furniture Buying Guide
- Dining Furniture
- DVD Players
- Energy Efficiency
- Five steps to mobile phones
- Five steps to tumble dryers
- Four steps to dining
- Home Theatre
- Mobile Phones
- Vacuum Buying Guide
- TV Buying Guide
Freezer Buying Guide
One of the most important parts of your kitchen is your freezer. Saving you plenty of money by freezing food to eat later, it allows you to shop ahead and keep plenty of food in storage.
Here’s our guide on how to choose the best freezer for your family.
See our full range of freezers here.
Types of FreezerThere are different types of freezer specifically to suit different needs. Considerations need to be taken according to the space you need, and how much you expect to use your freezer.
These kind of freezers are great for lots of freezing, but tend to be better for day-to-day use (such as freezing a week’s worth of food for the family).
Chest freezers are suited to those who wish to freeze food in bulk. They have no shelves, but do sometimes come with wire baskets.
The temperature is an important thing to keep tabs on – in order ensure the correct level of freezing and to reduce the need for defrosting, you’ll need to be sure the temperature is set at an adequate level.
Some freezers come with an automatic fast freeze option which kicks in when the freezer becomes too warm, and switches off when the food is adequately chilled / frozen.
It’s worth noting a few points when purchasing a freezer.
- Your freezer must have about 2.5cm gap on the top, back and sides between the unit and wall. This is to allow proper ventilation and maintain energy-efficiency.
- When installing a freezer below a worktop, ensure that there is about a 2.5cm gap between the top of the freezer and the worktop. You’ll need to take measurements before ordering your new freezer.
- Keep your freezer upright during installation, and allow 6 hours before you switch it on. It would be a good idea to leave it overnight so that the correct internal temperature can be achieved.
When you buy from BrightHouse, installation and delivery is offered as part of our price. With our Five Star Service, we can deliver your new freezer within 7 days.
You may want to consider a fridge freezer if space in your kitchen is an issue.
Fridge freezers are comprised of both a fridge and a freezer, with both the fridge and freezer often functioning from different controls.
Fridge freezers are excellent for small or medium-sized families, and take up a reduced amount of floor space compared to the separate fridge and freezer option.