How many items can I take out on agreement?
When you obtain credit from us we will assess your income and expenditure and perform a credit check to determine your level of affordability.
For new customers, you may be limited to one item or a package deal when you sign up. Package deals are mainly available for our white goods and furniture range.
If you do not qualify for a brand new item, you may qualify for one of our Quality Refurbished (QR) items with a lower weekly repayment. By building up your payment history with us, you may be eligible to add on new items after a period of time.
Whether you are a new customer or a returning customer, the level of credit is based on your income and expenditure, rather than the amount of products you take out on agreement. To find out if you're eligible, apply now
Please contact your local store who will be happy to help take you through the process, it should be quick and hassle free!
When can I add further items on to my account?
Your local store will aim to advise you if you can add on to your account, when you make your payment.
The likelihood of adding further items on to your account are improved by ensuring your account is kept up-to-date. For each further application we will assess your income and expenditure and perform a credit check to determine your level of affordability.
Please contact your local store if you have any questions about obtaining additional credit.
How do I become a customer of BrightHouse?
First you will need to find your local store
If you would like, you can apply on-line for a pre-arranged appointment, before you visit your local store.
You will need to bring the following items with you:
• Proof of income - bank statement, recent wage slips (last 3 if paid monthly/last 4 if paid weekly), benefit award letter or proof of pension.
• Two references - names and telephone numbers of friends or family that do not live at your address
• Proof of address - a tenancy agreement or a mortgage statement
• Photo ID – driver’s license or passport
• Home contents insurance policy (if you have one).
We will perform a credit check when assessing your application.
The application process in store will take approximately 30 minutes. If your application is successful, you will be required to make your first payment during this process. For stock items, we aim to deliver items within 7 days.
What happens if I cannot make payment, or my account goes late?
If you are having difficulties in making payment, or if you have already missed a payment, please speak to your local store straightaway. Our staff will listen, and aim to understand your circumstances. They may be able to offer you help and advice.
Some of the options available to you may include:
• Returning your item on a pick-up and hold basis, for a period of time, until your financial circumstances improve (terms and conditions apply)
• Returning your items with nothing further to pay (terms and conditions apply)
• Downgrading your items, to reduce your weekly payments
If you do not contact us after missing a payment, we will attempt to contact you. We’ll want to discuss your circumstances and agree on a course of action to help get your account back on track.
Why can't you deliver to my area?
We have many stores throughout the country, but unfortunately there are some areas that are not covered yet.
If you are not within your nearest stores catchment area, then please keep checking our website for details of new store openings. You may find one opening near you soon!
What documents do I need to be a BrightHouse customer?
At BrightHouse all we ask is that you show us:
- Proof of income
- 2 references from a friend or relative
- Home contents policy (if you have one)
- Tenancy agreement or mortgage statement
We may also ask you to show us:
- Photo ID
- Proof of your home address
If you are in any doubt, come into store and chat to one of our members of staff or call our Customer Service team on 0800 587 0717.
Do I have to provide personal references?
References may be required. If this is the case we ask you to supply the names and telephone numbers of 2 character references all at different addresses who we can contact to confirm the details we have on your application are correct. A member of BrightHouse store staff will contact your references over the phone. The references are not guarantors and require no signature.
They are under no obligation and can refuse to provide a reference.
What are the delivery timings for orders?
Delivery is within 7 days. However, this is subject to the following conditions:
- All reference requirements being fulfilled
- Warehouse and store stock only (Non-stock items may take longer)
- The required Identification is provided before delivery
All delivery charges include:
- The product being delivered to your home
- The product being assembled and installed
- All packaging will be removed
Can I pay my weekly bill by Direct Debit?
Yes, however this will be a monthly payment.
When paying by Direct Debit please make sure:
- Your account must be up-to-date
- You will be required to pay at a minimum of 4 weeks in advance
- The Direct Debit will be taken on or around the 1st of each month
You must be:
- Self Employed
- Receiving benefits / Pension
Supporting documentation may be required.
- Your income must be paid into a current bank account
- The bank details used to set up a Direct Debit must be those belonging to you the customer
What are the store opening times?
All our stores open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm. There are no stores open on Sundays.
What is Service Cover and is it optional?
Yes, Service Cover is optional!
The bonus of Optional Service Cover is it gives you the added benefit of a full service package together with peace of mind.
Optional Service Cover benefits
- This is optional
- Covers cost of product repairs with a one-stop service
- Response within 72 hours
- Repair or loaner replacement given (where applicable)
- No claims discount available on your next agreement
- You can return your product for whatever reason, whenever you want, without penalty, with nothing more to pay. Goods must be undamaged and in good working order and repair.
- If you return your product you can benefit from a restart voucher. (You can even restart your agreement up to 12 months later, and the payments you have made will still count against a product of similar age and specification).
What is Damage Liability Cover
Hire purchase goods must be covered against damage caused by fire, theft or accident. If you do not have home contents insurance policy or alternative insurance to cover Hire Purchase goods, BrightHouse’s Damage Liability Cover is available.
Damage Liability Cover (DLC) means that you will not have to continue paying for your product if it is damaged or stolen. (Subject to Terms and Conditions)
Where do I find address and contact details for the BrightHouse stores?
All contact details for BrightHouse stores can be found on the BrightHouse store finder
Are there currently any job vacancies?
We are always happy to receive CV's for Retail, Service Centre and Head Office positions. If you are interested in joining the BrightHouse team please visit our recruitment website www.brighthousecareers.co.uk.
Where can I find out more about BrightHouse corporate information?
You can visit the BrightHouse corporate website for further company information on www.brighthousegroup.co.uk
Where can I find more information on warranties?
More information on extended warranties for domestic electrical goods can be viewed here
Do all products sold at BrightHouse meet regulatory requirements?
At BrightHouse we only source from leading brands and manufacturers and all products sold at BrightHouse meet regulatory requirements. We also have a quality control checking procedure at our National Service Centre to ensure our products are fit for purpose.